Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Suddenly

The word suddenly, a word that I am quite fond, of has been playing over and over again, like the number one song on the Pop Charts.  This word is everywhere in my head today.  I try to shake it out and again, it just reappears…suddenly.

I like this word for many reasons.  I like the sound of it when someone speaks of their “suddenly” experience.  I like to imagine my own “suddenly” and also relive them in my mind.
I like the anticipation that comes with “suddenly” the build up to a moment that is life changing.  To that moment that you have waited so long for and then finally or “suddenly” it happens.
Suddenly, as we know, can also be filled with a negative connotation.  Suddenly doesn’t always have to be happy and positive, though in my mind, it is!  Suddenly, can be an opportunity, a life lesson, the opening for a chance to change and evolve.
I have had many suddenly moments that were not happy and joyful, in the beginning, but in the end the lesson and change that was brought about was usually worth the suddenly. 
I don’t know if anyone else has realized this yet, but our lives are just a string of moments put together leading up to the suddenly.  The pinnacle moment that changes everything, but truly if you think about it, suddenly isn’t suddenly at all.
Suddenly is what happens after you have waited and waited and waited some more.  I think, or I have myself convinced, that the reason why suddenly is so amazing, is because the waiting is over. 
We have received what we have been praying for, what we have been waiting for, and it seems like it happened suddenly, out of the blue, one early morning or whatever your experience is, but truly we all should know, that’s not at all how it has come together.
We have to know that there is a behind the scenes to everyone’s life.  There is a director behind the camera calling the shots; there is a great and powerful OZ behind the curtain, and He is the one who is bringing us these suddenly moments.
Our lives are a million moments put together and framed by the suddenly that we remember.  The moments of pain, tears, loneliness, praying, arguing and begging are washed away buy that moment of euphoria you feel when you’re suddenly arrives.
Suddenly to me can be compared to the Blood of Jesus. 
Before the Cross we were all sinners destined to Hell.  We were all living by a law that was impossible to keep, trying desperately to live a life that was out of our reach.  It’s like telling me I can knock out Mike Tyson with one punch,trust me, it can’t be done.
Our suddenly happened when Jesus Christ went on the Cross and shed His precious blood for us.
That opened the door and suddenly walked in.  
Suddenly, we were made clean.  Suddenly we didn’t need to live by the law.  Suddenly we had access to the Throne of God.  Suddenly, we received the chance for eternity.  Suddenly, we received the gift of healing.  Suddenly, we received forgiveness.  Suddenly, we received authority.  Suddenly, we received overwhelming life changing love.  Suddenly, we were whole.  Suddenly, we belonged.  Suddenly, we were adopted.  Suddenly, we received an inheritance. 
Suddenly…
I can’t help but comparing suddenly to the Blood of Jesus.  I can’t help but believe that all of my suddenly moments, I have been longing for; the moments I have held my breath for, all of those moments happened because my savior Jesus Christ, she His blood for me.
My opportunity for suddenly happened on that day. 
Because of Jesus I can experience a life filled with suddenly.  I can know that because of His supreme act of selflessness I can look forward to answered prayers, favor and blessings in abundance.
Because of Jesus I will never ever know the taste of Hell.  I will never have to sacrifice my child or my animals to make atonement for my sins. 
Because of Him I live. 
I am sure to the disciples, traveling with Jesus ,His arrest and being crucified appeared to be sudden.  I am sure it all happened in warp speed to them, but to Jesus it wasn’t.  To Jesus He saw behind the scenes.  He saw the threads being woven together to create the picture of our future.  He knew His purpose and He understood His call.
Suddenly changes our lives.  Suddenly alters the projection of the day, moment or year.  Suddenly will take the life you have become used to and twist it completely around and leave you changed in the aftermath.
Suddenly is God’s way of redirecting us, of showing us His plan and exposing all His behind the scenes work.  Suddenly might have only been a series of eight letters put together, before you read this, but I hope now when you experience a suddenly you will take a moment and follow the connecting threads to that experience.   And give thanks to the Lord who supplied all of those moments.
I hope that you can see all the behind the scenes work that your Heavenly has lovingly done for you, to get you to the place you are now.  I hope that even if your suddenly is a life changing suddenly that hurts your heart, you can still look up to the sky and know that your loving Father is there to comfort you.
Suddenly are just moments strung together by threads that leads us to the moments in our lives that we remember…suddenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment