Thursday, October 23, 2014

Do you have a dream?


Do you have a dream? 
Do you have something that you hope and wish would happen in your life, something you know is impossible but yet you hold it tight in your inner man for the day that maybe, just maybe, your wish will be granted. 
I believe to some extent everyone has these dreams, wishes, hopes.  Things that we want so desperately to have or see happen in our lives, or the lives of the ones around us.  I think that we need these hopes; we need these dreams to keep pushing us every day with the anticipation of them being fulfilled that day.
So what would happen if your dream came true, what would your life look like?  Have you suddenly ever started longing or believing for something that you never in a million years would want to do?
I do and have...
My dream, my vision, my hope and my prayer for my life, wasn’t one that I choose, it was one that was given to me, by God.   My vision for my life is much quieter and smaller than the one that God has decided to give me.  It’s a very normal, one house, and picket fence with two kids, two dogs, and two car garage kind of expectation for my life. 
God’s expectations or plans for my life are nothing like the ones I have for myself.  I have been battling with why God has decided to give me these big goals, these big plans, on a person who is very normal, very average.  And then I remember, sometimes, my God is a big God.  He is not average, He is not normal, He is not small. 
I am starting to understand the phrase we make plans and then God laughs. 
It’s as if the things that would satisfy my soul are the things that make God laugh.  And I say that not in a rude way.  They make Him laugh, because they are not big enough.  They are not grand enough, for the person He has created me to be. 
I tend to think that God has illusions of grandeur, but again, maybe not because He is the only one who can complete, fulfill and anoint the plans He has.
My plans went from one of average to ones of grandeur.  They went from a quiet simple life.  From having a personal relationship with Him and a family that loves God and surrounds our lives around Him, to that dream on steroids.  
Now, my plan, my vision and my purpose is to lead the lost to God.  I have decided to put down my plan and pick up His.  I have decided that God, the one, who created me, knows my purpose better than I do.  He knows the plans He has for me and He knows exactly how to bring them to pass.
You see when you serve God, when you humble yourself to God’s will and purpose, you will begin to see Matthew 19:26 become reality in your life.  You will live in the truth that God is Able.
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.
I want to put a thousand exclamation points on the end of that statement.  I want to highlight it in gold and make is shine and stand out, but God, all He wants us to do, is believe it!
In these verses Jesus was telling the disciples how to have eternal life and what you need to strip off of yourselves to have this life.  He used the parable of not being able to enter heaven as a rich man, that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needled than for a rich man to enter into heaven.  
But we see and we see quickly, that what is impossible with man is more than possible with God.   The changes that need to happen are up to us.  We are the ones who are stopping the progression of God’s ability.  It is our unbelief that is containing God, not God’s ability. 
God is asking us to strip ourselves of who we are, pick up who He is, and that it is possible for us to do this.  It is possible for us to change into the image of who He is, and to do exactly as He is telling us.   That there will be pain in the process and you will have to sacrifice some of your own wants and plans, but it’s worth it because you get heaven!!! You get GOD!
When God started moving quickly in my life, I was, and sometimes am still resistant to the work that He is doing, because it is costing me a lot emotionally.  It is costing me more emotionally than I would ever be able to explain but the end result, will be my ability to do as God has called me to do.
God has asked me, and I am sure He has asked you too, to sell all you have and follow Him.  He has given you directions on how to better your life; on how to have a more complete, peaceful life but we have to make changes and sacrifices to have the things that He is promising us.  We have to say ok, I am willing to give up myself, my small, normal plans for my life and pick up yours.  To follow yours and become your disciple.
I think most of the times, the reasons why we don’t or we hesitate to pick up the plans and purposes God has for our lives is because we think they are impossible.  We think there is no way ever, do I not only deserve to have what you are promising me but can I have what you are promising me. 
This is the truth, well this was the truth.  Until Jesus! 
When Jesus came, impossible went out the door.  The sides were blown off and the opportunities became limitless.   But you must first receive and believe!  You can’t look at words and not allow them to become your words.  These words are your promises, your truth, and your gift from God. 
The verse Matthew 19:26 about all things being possible with God is your truth when you believe that they are your truth.  When you begin to look at the power of your God instead of the lack of your flesh, these words become your words.
When God gives you a plan, He is giving you a plan for your life, and since He created you, the world, and your plan, we can trust that not only is it possible, but that it is the truth of your life.
We put the restraints on God, not God.  He isn’t putting the restraints on us.  Actually, He is waiting for us to take the restraints off of our eyes, hearts and minds and completely surrender to the idea, truth, phrase and Bible verse that all things are possible with God! 
That dream, hope, plan, purpose or vision you have for your life or the lives of those around you are possible. 
It is possible for the person I love deeply to stop doing drugs, and come back to God;  it is possible for your child to find God; it is possible for your family to be healed and reconnected; it is possible for your body to be healed and it is possible for God to do all of these things… Just believe He can and He will!!
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, with men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment