Thursday, May 8, 2014

Did you know you were adopted?

When someone is adopted into a family they legally become part of the family.  Example, let’s say that I was adopted as an infant, by my parents.   At the time that my parents signed their names on the paperwork and the courts approved the adoption, I became legally theirs.  That means that I am legally their responsibility until I am 18 years old.  They have to financially, emotionally and physically take care of me.   I also legally inherit whatever they own, as I am now their child.   It doesn’t matter if I was created from my parents, as they made the decision to adopt me, so I am theirs.  My last name will be a representation of the family, I belong too. 

I probably will adopt some of their mannerisms, even though, genetically, I am not their biological child.  I will pick up their phrasing, their emotional behaviors, even some of their personality traits, will become my own.  All these things will help mold and shape me into the adult that I will become in the future.   

I will learn, grow and mature, as one with my parents, even though, biologically, I was not formed from them, I am still a product of them.   I would believe that I would feel their love and support just as if I was their biological child.  

I say all of this, with the thought that, if all of these things can, and do, happen from being adopted by human parents, why can’t these things be true when we are all adopted by our Heavenly Father, God?   

We are told in Ephesians 1:5 (NLT) God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ.  This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.   We see here that we are adopted by God through Jesus.  So we are indeed all adopted children of God’s when we accept Jesus as our Savior.   

So, if we are the adopted children of God, through Jesus, wouldn’t that mean that we have what God has?  Wouldn’t that mean that the power and authority that is in God and Jesus, is now rightfully ours?  
 
This all came to me tonight, while reading John 14:30.  I know maybe some of you have caught on to this already, but honestly, I am just getting it.  I’ve known that I have all that Jesus has and that means I have all the God has, but it wasn’t digested by me.  I would just repeat words that I knew to be true, but never made them to be true, for me.  

In verse 30 Jesus says, I will not talk with you much more, for the prince (evil genius, ruler) of the world is coming.  And he has no claim on Me.  (He has nothing in common with Me; there is nothing in Me that belongs to him, and he has no power over Me.)  

So doesn’t this mean that evil has no power over us, too?  If I am reading this right and my spirit is telling me that I am, I might just get pretty excited about this.   This means that satan and his demons, have no power over me or you.  I don’t need to be tormented daily by these horrible thoughts that are brought to me 24 hours a day seven days a week.   These thoughts that erode the fabric of my day and chip away at the structure of my being have no power over me.  There is a freedom in this that I can’t even explain.  

If my adopted Father and Brother, have nothing in common with this evil, and he has no claim on them, then he has NO claim on me!   We have nothing in common either!   Jesus says that he has no power over Him and there is nothing that belongs to Jesus that belongs to evil.  

I belong to Jesus, you belong to Jesus and our lives belong to Jesus… SO there is no ownership over us because we belong to Jesus!  Seriously, this just made my day!  

I am sure that I am not alone in this feeling.  My struggle might be different than your struggle.  You might have realized this a long time ago, but there is nothing wrong with a quick refresher course.  But this is exciting to me.  I try to fight off the fiery darts that are constantly thrown at me all the time, but I always kind of thought maybe I deserved them, for my behavior in the past.  Or that maybe I wasn’t strong enough to keep them away.   

My words felt like they always fell flat and weren’t coming with skin piercing attack that evil words do.  My arsenal was depleting and quickly, so reading this tonight has just given me a full dose of Kick Butt power.  

I have been bought, purchased, adopted by the Blood of Jesus.  I have a Blood bought right to take back my inheritance, and so do you!  

For all of us out there battling every day, feeling like we are barely holding on, I say to you, evil has no power over your life anymore.  You have just found out that you were adopted and by the King of Kings.  You were purchased by the Blood of Jesus and that Blood gave you entrance into the Heaven’s Protection.  You have the full armor of God’s protection, and the weapon of Jesus’s words to guard you and shield you from harm.  

To the people who are battling addiction, shame, fear, self-loathing, hatred, abuse, self-mutilation, eating disorders, mental disorders, ego and are just out of control in your life, you no longer have to walk around thinking this is the way life is.  This is how it’s always been and this is how it’s going to always be.  WRONG!  

Today, today, starts your new day.  This day starts the day where you realize who you are in Christ.  You will realize that your Blood bought right is victory and abundance.  You were called to be the Head and not the Tail.  You don’t have to live in the cloud of emotion any longer.  You have the ability with all that God has gifted you with, to fight for your life.  Fight. 

Tell that addiction who your Father is.  Tell that demon who is telling you to drink another drink, or spend more money recklessly, that you belong to the King and see how quickly he runs away.   

You have the Power and Authority through Jesus Christ to live a Victorious life.  When you accept Jesus as your savior we are issued a new birth certificate in Heaven and this one is signed in the Blood of Jesus Christ! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment