Wednesday, May 14, 2014

You are right where you need to be!!


There are many times I find myself wondering why I am standing in line with these selected people around me.  Or, if I am in an elevator, why am I in the elevator with these people?  I often wonder these things.  I ponder on these things almost daily as if I am looking for some kind of scientific answer to the question, when I already know the answer.  

My life has already been designed for me.  This is something I have believed since I was a small child.  Before, I was even able to give it a name, I just knew, that my life was already purposed.  I of course didn’t know the purpose and didn’t know why, and still am not sure why, but I didn’t know why I was purposed.    

I’ve just always known that everything that happened to me in my childhood happened to help other people.  I thought for a very long time that was my way of explaining it away.  It was my way of making it digestible in my mind.  It was my coping mechanism, so to speak.   I didn’t have answers for the horrible things I experienced and witnessed growing up so I just said, there must be a reason for this, and maybe it’s because, I am going to help someone else when I am older.  I am going to help other people, who go through what I am going through now.  

Now, that I am an adult, which still feels very odd to say, but I guess I am.  I can give that childhood understanding a name, and His name is Jesus.  I don’t really ever remember asking God to stop the abuse from happening in my life; I just wanted to survive it.  I still want to survive it.   I want to help other people survive it, and turn victim into victor.  I want to show people that even though life started out poorly God can and will take what you have been given and make it something beautiful.  

I don’t believe in coincidences, never have.  I’ve never believed that things happen by chance.  I’ve also never believed in luck.   I don’t think that random things that just happen are just that random.  I believe they are all either signs, directions or markers for us from God.   I guess this is why I’ve never been one to gamble either.  I’ve always kind of found it useless, because I am blessed anyway.   When I put a nickel in a slot and I get a nickel back am I supposed to think that’s luck?  It just doesn’t make sense in my brain.  

I have a habit of finding penny’s heads up when I am on vacation, and this is the closest thing I would say, I have to luck, but even then I pray when I find them.  

 I truly believe that God has a purpose for every person that comes to this earth. I believe that before our soul enters into a physical body, God already knows who we are going to be.  I believe that he already has our days planned.  He knows our decisions and our ends before we take a breath of air.   Before conception even happens He knows who we are intended to be.   He knows what family you will be part of, what school you will go too, what friends you will have.  He will know where your first kiss is, the first time you make a touchdown and the first time your heart is broken.   

God sees the beginning from the end, so He has to see your life before your life began.  He has to know when you are going to make a wrong move and exactly where you are when you come back to Him.  He will see all the struggles and all the smiles; He will hear your silent prayers and your shouts of joy.  He knows all about you before you do.  We often say that our parents know us better than anyone, and I think that’s not true, God knows us better than anyone.   

God knows how many hairs we have on our heads, how many tears we will shed and how many bones we will break.  He has numbered the stars in the sky and has given vibrant colors to the flowers in the fields, so He has to know infinitely more about you and me then anyone else does, He created us.

So, we all agree, coincidences don’t exist, so…  That means you are exactly where you are supposed to be?  That means that you are chosen to be the exact person you are, right now.  That means at 10:16 pm I am exactly where God expected me to be when he saw the photo album of my life.  

Jesus says in John 15: 16 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you (I have planted you), that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting (that it may remain, abide), so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name (as presenting all that I AM), He may give it to you.  

The first line of that verse is what sparked all of this tonight.   I often wonder why God has lead me down this very new road of writing.  This is not something I have ever wanted to do, or have ever been good at doing.  I am a horrible speller, and grammar and punctuation, well; as I am sure you can see it’s not my strong suit.   So writing… not necessarily what I would ever consider myself doing, ever!  

I also never would have pictured my life to be the way that my life has turned out, so far.  I would never have pictured myself, unmarried and without children at this stage in life.  I would never have said to myself years ago, you will be sitting down and having conversations with God.  But all of these things have and are happening.  So when I read the first sentence of this verse tonight, I thought I have been chosen.  I have been appointed, and so have you!  

Wherever you are on your journey of life, know that it’s exactly where you are supposed to be.  Whether that is lying on the floor crying (literally or figuratively) out to God for help and understanding, or the complete opposite and happiness has washed over you like a cloud, know you are where God wants you to be.   

We question all the time what’s our purpose, what are we meant to do with our lives, what are we supposed to do with our lives.  I can’t answer any of them for you, sorry, but what I can tell you is that no matter where you are in the search for those answers, you are where you are meant to be.   You will find all the answers you need when you seek God. 

Seek God above everything else.  Seek God before you seek money.  Seek God before you seek advice from friends or family members.  Seek God before you seek drugs or alcohol.  Seek God before you anything.   

He tells us in His word that if we Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness all these things will be added unto you.   We must start with the one who started it all.  Go to the creator.  He created you.  He knows the beginning to the end, so He will know all the details in between.  He will know how to answer you or guide you.  He will know how to heal you and uplift you.  He will have wisdom designed specifically for you.  His wisdom will be like a new suit, tailored just for your measurements.  

God is waiting on you.  He knows that you have not chosen Him, but He chose you, so go to Him and know that you are exactly where you are meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment