Thursday, July 24, 2014

Jesus made a way for you...

Have you ever had that moment in church, seminar or gathering where someone was speaking and you knew they were speaking right to you?  You felt as if they were able to read your mind and search your heart to gather information about you, and then tell you about it.   This has happened to me a lot recently, and though it still freaks me out for a bit, it always makes me stop and think what I need to learn from what the person has just said.  What is the hidden, or not so hidden, message that was meant for me?

I know I am not alone in this happening, as I have not only heard my mom say it has happened to her, but I have heard people at church say, that was for me.  It always makes me feel good when things like this happen, especially at church, because to me it’s a confirmation that I am where I am supposed to be.
In Acts 2:37, made me think of when situations like this happens, what are we truly to do with the aftermath, or message we have received, and what should you do if you are not a believer and this happens to you.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this they were stung (cut) to the heart, and they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles (special messengers), Brethren, what shall we do?   38 And Peter answered them, Repent (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of and release from your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the holy Spirit. 39 For the promise (of the Holy Spirit) is to and for you and your children, and to and for all that are far away, (even) to and for as many as the Lord our God invites and bids to come to Himself.
Luke is telling us a teaching from David, and how people felt when they realized that Jesus was raised up to be with God, and sit at the right side of God and share His throne.   They said that the words cut them, they stung them.  I am assuming that this could be because they didn’t really believe whole heartily that Jesus was exactly who He said He was.  I believe the reason for the deepness of the pain, was for the disbelief they carried, and now they are seeing and hearing, that their disbelief was futile.
They are experiencing first hand that Jesus was exactly who He claimed to be all along, and these people have lost the chance to commune with Him one on one.  Their hearts are heavy with remorse, but also with gratitude, because even though they might not have surrendered themselves completely to Jesus, while He was on the earth, He still made a way for them with His death and resurrection. 
Maybe you, like the people over two thousand years ago, are unsure of Jesus or where you stand with Him.  Maybe you have always doubted or weren’t fully devoted to the life that Jesus has called you for.  Well there is no need to worry, or wonder any longer.  For every question, God always gives us an answer, and He did so in Acts 38.
All you need to do, to set yourself right with Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit, is to repent.   What exactly does repent mean you ask?  Change your mind.  Change your thinking.  If you were an unbeliever before, you change your mind, and you now believe that Jesus came, and died for you on the cross, and rose again.   It’s simple; you change your mind, ideas, thoughts and words, and align them with the truth that is Jesus. 
Do you know that it says that Jesus revealed Himself over three hundred times, to random people, not just His close friends, after His resurrection?   Do you wonder why He did that?  He really didn’t need to reveal Himself so many times, wouldn’t you think showing yourself a dozen or so times after your resurrection, would be enough?   I think Jesus, knew that there will always be doubters.  There will always be someone that says, like doubting Thomas, who was a disciple, and walked with Jesus for almost three years, I won’t believe until I see for myself.  Or, I won’t believe until I put my fingers in the holes in His hands, feet and side.  Do you know how Jesus changed Thomas’s mind?  He revealed Himself to Thomas and said here Thomas, put your finger in my side and see for yourself that I am. 
That might put my mind to ease… How about you?
Jesus knew there would be doubters and people who come to believe in Him later, so He made a way for us to receive all that He is through believing in Him.  When you confess and believe in Jesus Christ you receive healing, forgiveness and hope.  There is a new quality to life that you probably didn’t experience before.   It says in Acts 2:39 For the promise (of the Holy Spirit) is to and for you and your children, and to and for all that are far away (even) to and for as many as the Lord our God invites and bids to come to Himself. 
The promises of Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit, are for you, and me.  The promises are for those who believe, those who are unsure, and those who don’t believe.  The promises are for your children, your grandchildren and your great grandchildren.  The promises are for everyone, all you have to do is believe and confess. 
I don’t know any human being who would still give you a promise of a changed life, while you don’t believe in them.  I don’t know any human being who would still extend their hand to you, when you continue to turn your back on them.  I do know one supreme being who does all of those things and so much more, and He is waiting for you to come to Him, so He can fulfill all the promises He has waiting for you.
The promises of God are for whom so ever will.   It doesn’t matter who you are, what you have done or how you once felt.   All that matters is when you feel that tug on your heart, those words that cut through you like a sword, take heed.  Listen to the words that are being spoken to you and know that this is God trying to get your attention and bring you back to Him.  His promises are just waiting for you to believe!   

No comments:

Post a Comment